Cynthia's Summer Adventure

This blog will chronicle my journey through the process of septal myectomy surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. My surgery is currently scheduled for August 11, 2006.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

3 weeks out

So because I have so little to say, I have been saving it up for one entry a week.

I am getting stronger every day. This week I have been taking two walks a day. 20 - 30 minutes in the morning, and the same in the evening. The cough has pretty much diminished to an occasional problem. I suspect it may take several weeks to totally fade away. My one difficulty of the week was that I had another few episodes of arrythmia on Sunday. My local doctors increased my beta blocker a little bit on Monday, so hopefully that will continue to do the trick. It seems to have been ok since then.

I have gone out to lunch a couple of times this week, and tonight Vince and I even attended a screening of "Little Miss Sunshine" at MGM. It was nice to see a few folks, and the movie was quite funny. The only bad part is that it hurts my sternum to laugh too much!

Jesse has been attending camp at his preschool this week and playing with friends and Vince has been back to work in between running Jesse to school and doing the shopping and cooking (that is when nice folks from the temple and relatives have not brought food:)

And the most interesting thing that happened this week is that the Corporate Communications folks at Mayo stumbled across this blog and want to reprint excerpts from it in a Mayo publication. An auspicious beginning to my incipient career as a writer.

Goodbye until I can collect enough interesting things to say......

Cynthia

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia,
Sounds like you're making great progress. Each report continues to increase my hopefulness and reduce my anxiety. ---6 days and counting---
You should know that you are perfoming a great work of mercy for at least one anxious Mayo-myectomy patient-to-be.
Thank you.
Mike P

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounding good girl! Wow, you are so holleywood, so California. Movie screenings? Makes my recovery, walking in the cornfield and the garden sound rather mundane! Mighty peaceful, however!
Keep in up! Laura

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home