Cynthia's Summer Adventure

This blog will chronicle my journey through the process of septal myectomy surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. My surgery is currently scheduled for August 11, 2006.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Back Together Again

Well, Jesse and Vince returned this evening. Jesse is full of energy, plus he grew almost an inch!

I am still coughing alot. It is quite a nuisance. I went and saw my local cardiologist today, Dr. Robert Siegel. He is quite pleased with my progress generally, and he prescribed some cough medicine. Hopefully that will do the trick.

My stupid move of the day was taking a fall off of an unstable stepstool that I decided that I needed to use to put away a pillow in the top shelf of my closet. As I lay there on the floor, feeling like a moron, I realized that I guess I really need to ask for help - something that is not really that easy for me to do.

Jesse calls, so I am going to sign off. Back to life, back to reality......

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear the family is reunited, that Jesse grew almost and inch, and that you will not be climbing on stepstools any time soon!

Good that your doctor is pleased with your progress, Cynthia. Keep up the good work!

We are going to Seattle for a few days to see Brian and Arnold's cousins. I will look for your blogs as soon as possible.

Love,

Barbara and Arnold

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia, independent woman such as ourselves do hate the idea of requiring assistance in what seems like a small task, but I'm sure Vince scolded you as would my husband, so accept the idea that you are a princess for a short while longer and accept the benefits of being treated as such. Maybe asked to be fanned with a few grapes and bon bon's! Seriously, I do hope your fall did not hit any crucial areas, but that kind of jolt was most likely rather uncomfortable. I understand your frustration, been there, done that! Hang in there, Laura

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! Jesse's back! All's well...

I am glad to hear you are doing better!

have a wonderful weekend!

love, Ayano

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home