Cynthia's Summer Adventure

This blog will chronicle my journey through the process of septal myectomy surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. My surgery is currently scheduled for August 11, 2006.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday's Report

Hi everyone,

So today's biggest challenge was that the internet at the hotel was down so we were reduced to dial-up. Remember that noise? I had forgotten it. Apparently, we were the only folks in the hotel who actually remembered that there even WAS dial up. Vince even remembered to pack a phone cord, so that is what we are doing.

Today was pretty ok. We took a little drive around Rochester in our rent a car, had lunch in a restaurant and came back to the hotel to visit with Pamela, a resident of the Twin Cities who had a valve replacement by Dr. Dearani a month ago. Pamela has a blog on this server called thehartchronicles.blogspot.com and I found her through my obsessive reading of various heart websites in preparation for this event.

That's about it. Still really weak. I feel pretty ok when sitting and resting, but like a rag doll when walking around. Hopefully this will soon improve. Thanks to my friend Laura (Eatwell from the HCMA) who is a dietician, I have been eating lots of iron containing foods before the surgery, so now, I won't eat anything unless it is on the iron containing list and is also low salt. Ahhh, I long for the days when I was just obsessed with fat grams.

Oh well, until tomorrow....

Cynthia

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia, It's Patty Mayer signing in to say hello. I had lunch with Jill and she brought me up to date on your surgery and recovery and emailed me the blog link. I am so thrilled to hear you are recovering, and that things seem to have gone really well. You are a very brave kid. We are all extremely proud of you. Rest up and get better and know we are all thinking of you.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia,

Technology challenged...finally figured out how to leave a comment here...sent e-mail to your normal account before. Anyway...you are AMAZING!. Its wonderful that you are out and at the hotel so soon...and even getting out a bit. My thoughts are with you...hope you were able to enjoy the DVDs...I hope you can get some real wonderful rest.

:)
Valerie

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

I just sent, to Cynthia's email address, the "official" guide for those who travel with disabilities or other medical conditions, in light of the current flight restrictions. Thought it might help to get that Gatorade onto the plane.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Cynthia:

It's good to read the daily updates and know that you are feeling better!

Keep up the good work!

xxooxx

Ayano

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia, I think this is the way to post a message to you, but I am so pathetic with this blog stuff, who knows! Anyway, I have been following along with your progress and am thrilled that you are moving right along. Been thinking about you and sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Rest up and say hi to Vince.
xo Jill Lerner

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home