Cynthia's Summer Adventure

This blog will chronicle my journey through the process of septal myectomy surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. My surgery is currently scheduled for August 11, 2006.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday afternoon

This is my second, or third walk if you include the shower I was allowed to take earlier this afternoon. The shower was allowed much earlier than my previous surgeries, and was much appreciated.

Fever is still an issue, but they say its not abnormal. We were watching "Must Love Dogs" on the pay per view. It is not very good.

OK, back to walking now.

Later update.....I took some more pain medicine and threw up again. This nausea is not very fun. I think I am just going to stick to Tylenol, deal with the pain, and hopefully stop puking. YUCK!

Later.

C.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia,
Wow. You're amazing us! Glad to hear you're doing pretty well, all things considered, but oh the nausea. I remember it well. I was hoping you could avoid it. I'm guessing that they are giving you anti-nausea meds? I had to really keep on top of that to avoid the puking. As soon as you feel it coming on, ask for the phenegran or whatever! Maybe you could ask for it as soon as you get the pain meds?; that's when I felt it was worst. Keep that pillow handy at all times! (Scott, don't scare her about the sneezing :); there's not much to do about it if it comes except hug the pillow.) Hang in there; I'm praying for your good rest, no more nausea, and quick recovery.
Theresa/THW

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home