Cynthia's Summer Adventure

This blog will chronicle my journey through the process of septal myectomy surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. My surgery is currently scheduled for August 11, 2006.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'm BACK!!!

I'm BACK!!!

I am in the step down room. Still rather nauseous. A little apple juice stayed down after puking up the gingerale and water this a.m.The chest tube came out about an hour ago. Still have the pacer wires and PICC line. I am writing this from my bed. The wireless access is intermittent and the pulsox makes it hard to type.Out of surgery for 24 hours. I have stood a couple of times, and just walked a few steps.

Later, C.

P.S. That Dearani is a rock star. Gradient 0 and all through the aorta!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fish and sea monkeys are impressed with your grand outcome and send their best from LA!
xx oo the wyatts of california

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You're on the fast-track recovery. I had my tubes for about 2 days after surgery, ugh! and was in the ICU for a while longer. You must be making super progress and I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work! Tee hee, I'm happy to see that even the computer is still luring you to use it!
CJ

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia,

I am soo glad to read one from you!! Vince, thanks for your reports when Cynthia was otherwise engaged. Your entry brought me to tears (and it was not for having to don the bellboy uniform).

Nothing can keep this good woman down. She is a sruvivor - must be that New Orleans stock.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia.

It is great to see you up and about again. Wow! That is a speedy recovery. Keep up the good work.

Peace,

Leon (a.k.a. Largehearted)

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home